Viewer Tally!

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Voulez-vous coucher avec moi ce soir?

FRANCE, FRANCE BABY!! 


Well now, luckily my french is up to par (supposedly after a 3 year degree) to avoid resorting to the title line when in dire straits!


So in my last post I said I'm going to Europe!! In fact,  there remains 17 days until my departure(with my aunt and mom yay!) for the country of wine, cheese, snails, frog legs, dog poop (apparently it's EVERYWHERE) and sucky deodarant. (I'm walking with 8 months worth...4 sticks!)


Everything is already organized thank God...Accomodation,French Visa etc. so I'm hoping there aren't any hiccups along the way between now and then...we all know how life has a way of throwing dagger encrusted lemons at us when all seems to be set and ready to go....!
 Somebody pinch me, this is all too surreal mayne!


I began packing...(yea, this way in advance lol) and lemme tell you, space bags are one of man's greatest inventions!!! i packed my comforter, bed sheets and mattress pad (all to make those lumpy single french beds more comfortable) and vacuum sucked  that mofo till it was as flat as a pancake!! HOWEVER, I am OVERWEIGHT in both my big check in suitcase as well as my carry on suitcase *SIGH* Soooo glad mom is coming to enjoy a mini eurotrip on my behalf lol so I can shove necessity items such as uh UNDERWEAR in her luggage as I have ZERO room! All that's left to pack is stuff like medication (supplements, vitamins, cold tablets etc as well as my melatonin which helps with my sleep) I kinda went overboard on the ordering clothes online from the usa thing...to avoid overspending in Europe lol as the exchange rate (1 euro = 8-10 tt dollars) SUCKS!!! The upside? I save money, Downside? I lose luggage space!


Otherwise, I'm just biding my time with fam, friends & my bf .... :'(    i am sooo attached to my family and to my bf of nearly 4 years so it's going to be realllyyy hard i know...and if I think about it too much I get sad and anxious so I haven't been dwelling on the fact that I'll be away from them all for 8months...who's gonna cook me an amazing sunday lunch?!! *tear*


Anyways so I feel caught between wanting time to hurry up and fly by so I can just get the flight over and done with....and between wanting time to slow down so i have enough to spend with my loved ones! Ah well, Tuesday September 20th at 5:20pm...I await you!!! Flight leaves at 5:20 pm heads over to St.Lucia till 7:25pm I think?? and then we board again for London, England!!! (only entry to Europe from Trinidad) upon which we arrive at 8:40 am (their time) and 4:40 am (my body's time) England is 4 hours ahead of Trinidad, France is 6 hours ahead! I'm praying I don't suffer too badly from jet lag taking into account my problems with normal sleep! I'm praying my sleep issues REVERSE to normalcy over there! lol (for newcomers to the blog, earlier posts chronicle my battle with sleep issues)


I should probably mention here that I am TERRIFIED of plane flights and being in that plane for so long....the longest I've ever been on a plane was about 4 or 5 hours just from Trinidad to Miami!! And this flight from Trinidad to London is 10 hours 40 minutes.............................................................................
IF I COULD HAVE TAKEN A SHIP I SO WOULD HAVE! hec if I could have driven I probably would have!!! Anyways I used to love planes ah....until the sudden onslaught of crashes threw me off guard...now the slightest turbulence has me praying fervently throughout the ENTIRE duration of the trip hence leaving me with a sore throat and no voice upon my arrival....
NONETHELESS....i must admit...after all I've been through w the past anxiety and sleep problems, this impending plane flight hasn't been affecting me much as it would have....
QUE SERA SERA, whatever will be will be mayne!! So hey i'm content now with whatever happens beyond my control....if i were to live in total fear of that flight i wouldn't have bothered to do this assistantship in France & possibly have one of the greatest experiences of my life now would I?
so for all those who may share my same fear, let it go...it's beyond your control....listen to some soothing music on your ipod, read a book, maybe smuggle some vodka if that helps you or ask your doc for one time calming pills to knock u out for a part of the flight or just calm u down.
Otherwise, you're simply NOT living life!!







1 comment:

  1. Always nice to read your blogs. Good for you for moving forward.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts, opinions & feedback on this post! :)